Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wintering in Yuma, AZ-Feb. 26-27 , 2016

Note: the italic text is a contribution by Elaine; the non-italic text is Yvon's.


Feb. 26, 2016

On a visit to Mexico, along with Jim and Leslie, Elaine had a plaque hand painted for me, as a surprise.


It has a special meaning to me, because of the history that it reflects, in the park.

Since we have been here, I have helped dogs with their unwanted behaviours. Our friends Jim and Deb were working with their 3 dogs, changing some behaviours. Jim likes to create his own name for people; he started with Pepe La Pew, noticing the french accent; he remembered the original "Dog Whisperer", Cesar Milan. He finally combined the two and I became Pepe Milan. The last part was too heavy to carry, so was shortened to Pepe.

Now, people in the park greet me as Pepe; and we get people looking for help with their dog,  knocking at our door, looking for the Dog Whisperer.

That is why I am so proud of this sign.

It has such an effect on my ego that I have to make sure I keep it in check; otherwise, my head would not fit through the door.

And the sign came home with a companion Mexican rooster, to keep company to our parrot.

 Feb. 27, 2016

The military have a Marine Corps Air Base in Yuma. And today they have invited the public to Patriot Festival, to celebrate the Yuma Community with a day of live music, food vendors, military displays and more!

RQ-7B Shadow
The Festival is hosted at the south end of the base, with access to runways, to accommodate aircraft and parking for visitors.

Remotely piloted
Beside a variety of aircraft, there are exhibitors and vendors, along with music and displays.

AV-8B Harrier II
Very impressive collection of flying machines, there for our inspection.
F-35 Lightning II

We hear and watch these flying toys in the sky regularly; but the proximity brings a new dimension.

Fire power
I can set my clock between 8:00-8:30, to the sound of these fighter jets taking off for a day of practice
in the sky; and the runways are approximately 8-10 miles away.

Inside the Osprey
MV-22 Osprey

The beast that impresses me the most is the Osprey. Vertical take-off and horizontal maneuverability, all done with prop engine: wow!




The exhibits were interesting and the vendors presented their stuff in a creative manner.

I can do that!!
Looking good!

Conflict of interest??



Elaine managed to acquire some things to take home, not including the many pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment